The ASSP Central Valley Chapter actively acknowledges the contributions of its members. The Rising Star award is an honor acknowledging the emerging professional who is ambitious to learn and become active in the safety profession.
To be eligible nominees must
- Be a Professional Member or Member in good standing of their Chapter and the Society.
- Not have received this award within the past five (5) years.
- Be engaged in full-time employment in the profession of protecting people, property and the environment.
Nominees are not eligible if they are currently serving as a member of the Board of Directors or the Chapter Awards Committee, or have been elected an ASSP fellow.
- Must be an emerging professional who is on fire for the safety profession
- Self-motivated and open to the betterment of the safety profession
- An active part of the future of the environmental, health, and safety profession
- One who actively leads and assists employees or other members in their advancement in the Safety Profession
Shows excitement and interest in being part of the ASSP.
Chapter Rising Star Award Recipients
2019 – Kevin Parkinson
2018 – Ben Cooper